week 6 - Branding

The first thing John mentioned this week was to make sure we all have a "About me" section in our blogs so that the reader has sufficient context and can earn a greater understanding of your perspective and experiences.

"My name is Ben Nagle. I am a third year Vis Com student in D.I.T. I am 22 years old and I am  writing this blog for a college module called 'Virtual Environments', an module aimed at giving us experience in virtual reality as well as engaging us with the issues of today including privacy and social media"

I also checked over my previous blogs this week to make sure they are of good enough standard. I tried to put myself in the position of a stranger reading my blogs for the first time. 
I wanted to make sure it was coherent and clarify the writing style I was trying to use.
I am trying to achieve a happy medium between casual and academic because on the one hand it is an assignment for college but on the other hand the reader will not be an examiner so it is important it is accessible to them.
I had to correct some spelling mistakes and review the layout I was using. I also had to make sure that in the first 3 weeks I was writing descriptively and after that, reflectively.

I could not make it to class this week due to my laptop being repaired but in class the topic of personal branding was discussed. John talked about how with social media the lines are blurred between professional and unprofessional due to companies such as Facebook and Google collecting information about you.

I think this is interesting and it I personally try to keep as much as I can off social media as I am a private person and also I think about how my professional online presence could be effected badly by my personal social media.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week five - Human beings

week four - Elevator pitches