week four - Elevator pitches

This week we did elevator pitches which I thought would be fun but were a bit stop-start because not many were willing to participate. They were relaxed as like most things in this module. It got off to a slow start as nobody wanted to do them. I think that the fact that they were unspecific in terms of a common theme put off a lot of people because you could literally talk about anything and ironically no one could then think of a single thing to say.
One of my class mates, Peter, was asked to do one and couldn't think of what to say so John suggested he talked us through his costume which was a similar exercise as it made you talk publically.
John encouraged volunteers as he didn't like calling people out. I therefore nominated myself. It was a unique experience as despite being in the safety of your own home on your own, you feel the exact same butterflies as you would in a physical setting standing in front of a group of people talking.
I happened to be on my laptop in my kitchen at home and sitting in front of me on the table was a box of crunchy nut cornflakes. so I pitched to the class why it was the best cereal in the world, with the singular flaw of getting stuff in your teeth from time to time.
I was glad I did it at the end of class because John told whoever talked today to take a sigh of relief as we were of the hook and don't have to do it next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week five - Human beings

week 6 - Branding